Skip Navigation LinksAcademics > Colleges/Schools and Departments > Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business > Centers > Center for Undergraduate Business Advising > FAQs

Center for Undergraduate Business Advising

About CUBA | Programs | Admission Requirements | GPA Calculator | Challenge Exams | Advising Flowchart | Frequently Asked Questions | Contact Information


Frequently Asked Questions


When can I schedule for classes?

Please check the online University Calendar for scheduling dates and times:

Why do I have an advising hold on my account?
Advisor holds are placed, automatically, by the Registrar’s office in preparation for pre-scheduling for the next semester.

How can I get my advising hold removed?
On-campus students need to come to the Center for Undergraduate Business Advising in BB 220. We do not make appointments for advising. Check the CUBA Blackboard site or for signs in the building for specific dates.

Linda is in the office from 8:00 to 4:30 except for classes, lunch and meetings. Come by anytime, and we'll work you in on a first-come, first-served basis. Stephanie will be taking some overload.

Your advisor hold will be released by 9 a.m. the morning following your meeting with your advisor.

I came in for advising, but I still have a hold on my account.
Be certain to check your pin for holds that are not advisor related. We can’t fix everything that might go wrong.

How do I get admitted to the business programs?
Admission to the business programs of the Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business is actually a two-step process. The first step is admission to Murray State University. At that time, you will be assigned an advisor in the Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business and will begin working on the pre-admission requirements for the business programs. Check here for the admission requirements.

After you have completed the preadmission requirements, you will be admitted to your respective business program and assigned a new advisor in the department of your area or major. Linda will send a letter to you telling you that you've been admitted and who your new advisor is.

How can I change my major/area?
Changing your major/area is really quite simple. Here are the steps:
  1. Go to your current advisor and ask for a change of major form. (Be sure to take some form of ID with you.)
  2. Complete the form with your current advisor signing in the appropriate place.
  3. Take the change of major form and your advising folder to your new department’s secretary or advisor if known.
  4. If you’re changing from one business area to another, your folder will stay in this office until you’re admitted to the College.
How do I apply for graduation?
The graduation office has information on this process at

  1. Complete the graduation application on the Academics tab in myGate.
  2. If you are applying after the deadline, fill out the paper application and submit it along with the degree fee to the Registrar’s Office.

Decorative image
Site Directory