Why the Murray MBA is a Better Choice
The AACSB-Accredited MBA Program offered in the Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business at Murray State University has a long and rigorous tradition of excellence in business and management education, and a recognized capacity for meeting the educational needs and challenges of MBA students in the 21st Century. Our specific comparative advantages and points of pride are the following:
- Quality at relatively Low Cost: While the quality of Murray State University’s MBA Program is well documented, many
people may not know that we have one of the most efficient cost-to-quality MBA ratios
in the country. Our on-campus tuition is competitively reasonable, as evident from
the tuition link given on this MBA website. Tuition for our 100% online MBA is one
of the lowest in the nation. Everyone (whether Kentucky resident or not) pays the
same tuition on our 100% online, AACSB-Accredited MBA.
- Your Careers: Our MBA students do find Jobs. We recognize that for our students, the MBA degree is not an end in itself, but
rather a means towards employment and promotion at the local, regional, national,
or international levels. While we are honest enough to admit that not 100% of our
MBA graduates get jobs within 3 months of graduation (the global economy is simply
such as it is), many of our graduates do get gainfully employed, eventually, in a
multitude of fields and specializations, at home and abroad.
- Non-Business Majors: For those whose undergraduate degree is NOT in Business—but rather in such non-business
areas as agriculture, education, engineering, chemistry, biology, occupational safety
and health, geography, physics, and mathematics, to name a few—please do not worry.
We offer the foundation courses 100% online, except for Calculus. See the MBA curriculum
link on this website for more details.
- AACSB Accreditation: The world has over 13,000 business programs. Yet less than 700 of these (as of
Fall 2013) are accredited by AACSB-International: The Association to Advance Collegiate
Schools of Business. Murray State University is one of the 5% group of premier schools
that are accredited by AACSB-International.
- Quality MBA Faculty: The same faculty teach on our regular and 100% online MBA Programs. All have PhDs
from such prestigious and diverse traditional (not online) Universities as University
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and University of Edinburgh in Scotland, United Kingdom.
They conduct Discipline Based, Contributions to Practice, and Pedagogical Research
in top-tier peer reviewed journals in the USA and foreign countries, in keeping with
our global footprints framework and emphasis.
- Access and Flexibility: MBA Classes are offered to fit your schedule. Classes are taught at night, during the day, as well as 100% online. Yes, you can complete our MBA 100% online even if, for instance, you are on active military duty, stationed in Germany or South Korea.