Spring Housing Cancellation Form

Conditions for Cancelling the Housing Contract for the Spring Semester

By submitting this cancellation form, the student understands that he/she must meet one of the criteria listed below for cancelling the academic year contract.  If at a later date the student is found to be in violation of the cancellation criteria for the contract, he/she will be charged for the semester obligation of the contract.  It is the student's responsibility to submit supporting documentation to the Housing Office to support the condition of the cancellation.  

To be eligible for the 25% liquidation of the contract, cancellation of the housing contract for the spring semester must be completed prior to the first day of late registration for the spring semester.

The 25% liquidation of the housing contract at midyear is available only to juniors and seniors.  The amount is equal to 25% of the double room rent rate for the residential college in which the student is residing on November 15.

Freshmen and sophomore students who wish to cancel their housing contract at midyear in order to commute from their parents' residence must complete the housing exemption application.  Exemption paperwork is available on-line or in the Housing Office.

Housing Disability Assignment Appeal Process

A student with a documented disability or a parent or advocate on behalf of the student and with the student’s permission may make a written request for reasonable housing accommodation(s) or a housing exemption. Said request should include appropriate documentation of the student’s disability. The request for the housing accommodation or exemption form will be available on-line and in the Housing Office.

The request form shall be forwarded to the ADA Subcommittee of the Affirmative Action Committee, 423 Wells Hall, Murray State University, Murray, KY 42071, for a determination. The decision of the ADA Subcommittee of the Affirmative Action Committee will then be mailed by the Office of Student Disability Services to the student. Please note that the resulting housing assignment, if any, will be made available on the student's myGate account. It should be noted that requests for accommodations can be initiated at any time. However, it is recommended that requests for the fall semesters be received by May 31st, for spring semesters by December 15 and for summer terms, one month prior to the first day of class.

Requests for accommodations or a housing exemption made after the start of any semester or term shall be processed in like manner. A determination shall be made as soon as possible but no later than two (2) weeks following the date the request is received.

Housing Disability Assignment Appeals Process

A student (or the student’s parent or advocate on behalf of the student) who is dissatisfied with the decision of the Subcommittee as to the requested accommodation(s) or housing exemption (i.e. does not believe that the housing assignment or denial of exemption accommodates the student’s disability or in some way endangers the student’s safety or health) may file a written appeal to the Office of Institutional, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA), 103 Wells Hall, Murray State University, Murray, KY 42071, along with any supporting documentation.   Said appeal shall be filed in the Office of IDEA within ten (10) days from the date of receipt of the original decision by the Subcommittee as to the request for reasonable accommodation(s)/housing exemption. No one involved in the initial decision by the Subcommittee shall be involved in the determination on appeal which shall be made by the Office of IDEA. The Office of IDEA shall make a written determination within thirty (30) days from the date it received the appeal. The decision of the Office of IDEA shall be final.

Equal education and employment opportunities M/F/D, AA employer

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Juniors (under 90 hrs.) who are out-of-state students who qualify and accept the Regional Tuition Discount or the Incentive Grant are required to pay for university housing in order to receive the tuition/grant.

Fill out the cancellation form