Take Your Place in the Murray State Tradition
Room Reservation FAQs
Lobby of Clark Residential College

Skip Navigation LinksCampus > Housing Office > Room Reservation > Room Reservation FAQs

Room Reservation FAQs

HOUSING HOME PAGE | Rates | Exemptions | Disabilities assignments and appealsWhy Live On Campus? |
Reservation Form | Cancellation Form | Contact usRoom Reservation FAQs |


What is consolidation?

Consolidation is pairing up roommate-less residents in order to accommodate the maximum number of incoming student roommate requests for the next semester. The MSU Housing Office does reserve the right to pair students together in the event that space is needed.

Can I request to room with an incoming student?

Yes! You may do so in person during our room reservation process (see Important Dates) or you may send your roommate request to msu.housingassignments@murraystate.edu.
Important: All roommate requests must be mutual. If the new student you requested has not applied for housing and been admitted to the university by June 1, you will be assigned a roommate at the discretion of the Housing Office.
Note: Roommate requests are granted based on the availability of space. If space is not available, efforts will be made to place the students in the same college and floor.

Why is my class schedule important?

All students must be enrolled and have applied for housing to maintain their assignments. You must schedule your classes to keep your reservation. If you do not schedule, you may lose priority on the room you requested.

Will I get my same room for the fall?

Yes, provided you submit your Room Reservation Form by March 31.

Can I change rooms, roommates or colleges?

Yes, during the Same College and Different College reservation sessions (see Important Dates). 
Important: All roommate requests must be mutual.  If you would like to return to your current room with a new roommate, your current roommate must either cancel his/her housing or be approved to change rooms and/or colleges.

Am I guaranteed to keep my private room for the fall 2014 semester?

No, for most students.  Due to a high demand for on-campus housing, the Housing Office cannot grant private rooms at the start of fall semesters.  This room reservation process is your opportunity to reserve a room with someone you know.  If you are unable to find a roommate, one will be assigned to you at the discretion of the Housing Office.

Yes, if you are currently in a private room due to a documented medical condition.  However, you must resubmit a Request for Housing Reasonable Accommodation Form to the Office of Student Disabilities Services (423 Wells Hall) by May 31 to be eligible to remain in a private room.  Additionally, supporting documentation is necessary if your condition has changed or previously submitted documentation is more than three years old.

I am a resident of Old Richmond Hall (Hester College) - where will I live in Fall 2014?

Representatives from the Housing Office will be available in the front lobby of Old Richmond Hall on Monday, April 7 and Tuesday, April 8 from 10am-6pm to assist you in reserving your space in the newly renovated Hester Hall. Old Richmond residents DO NOT need to attend an in-college move request session (April 1-April 4). Old Richmond residents MUST still complete the Room Reservation Form in order to continue to live on campus.

For those residents who are not interested in moving to the newly renovated Hester Hall our Fall 2014 College to College Move Request Form will be posted on-line between Wednesday, April 9 at 10am - Monday, April 14 at 12pm.

Decorative image
Site Directory