Take Your Place in the Murray State Tradition
Declining Balance
Girl poses with unique wood sculpture in the Curris Center.

Skip Navigation LinksCampus > RacerCard - Your MSU I.D. > Declining Balance

Declining balance

RacerCard office | Replacement cards | FAQs

Declining Balance is accepted at the following locations on campus:

All Dining Services Venues (Winslow, T'Room, Fast Track, Thoroughbrewed Cafes, Market '22, Starbooks, Business Express, Pony Express)

Beginning Spring 2015 semester, Declining Balance will be available to Graduate Students ONLY.

The RacerCard: The RacerCard is your official University ID card and the declining balance / RacerCard ID is not transferable (to another person). Use of the RacerCard may be revoked at any time.

RacerCard Accounts: The declining balance account is an optional, Murray State University maintained debit account, designed to provide a way to make purchases at our dining venues.

  • Minimum deposit to open an account is $25. Each additional deposit must be $25 or greater.
  • To open an account, stop by the RacerCard Office on the First Floor of the Curris Center or call the Office at 270.809.3003.
  • Deposits can be made using cash/check/credit/debit card.
  • To mail in a deposit: 
Make check payable to Murray State University for the intended amount to:


101 Curris Center

Murray KY 42071

Lost or Stolen Cards: Lost or stolen ID card must be reported immediately to the RacerCard Office 270.809.3003 or email msu.racercard@murraystate.edu.

Balances, Refunds, Closures: A balance remaining at the end of the semester will automatically roll over the next semester. No refunds on money remaining on the RacerCard will be issued for account balances less than $10. The University reserves the right to use the refund to offset any outstanding balance on your myGate. A refund in the form of a check issued by the University will be mailed to the patron's permanent address in myGate. If the declining balance has no activity for a period of three (3) years, the funds will be declared abandoned and removed from the account.

NOTE: It is the responsibility of the card holder to request the balance to be refunded.

Request a Refund: Email msu.racercard@murraystate.edu. Make sure to include your M#.

Decorative image
Site Directory