Why victims don't speak out
Policies and procedures | Affirmative action, sexual harassment and grievances | Records retention schedule | Resources | Overview of laws | Diversity links | Reasonable accommodation forms | Equal Opportunity Terms | Reports | Contacts | Where to Go for Help
NOTE: The Office of Equal Opportunity transitioned to the Office of Institutional Diversity,
Equity & Access effective July 1, 2013 and the website is located at: murraystate.edu/idea.
All references within campuswide documents to the Office of Equal Opportunity should
be considered analogous to the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access.
- Fear of loss of job opportunities.
- Fear of rejection by co-workers.
- Fear of being labeled a "trouble-maker" or a "feminist."
- Fear of not being considered a "team player."
- Fear of being accused of not having a "sense of humor."
- Fear of the "rumor mill."
- Fear of being labled "over-sensitive" or "mentally unstable."
- Fear of not being believed.
- Fear of being "wrong."