What are the criteria for participation?
- Resident of western Kentucky, northwestern Tennessee, or eastern Missouri. AIMS serves the following high schools: Big Sandy (TN), New Madrid Central (MO), Fulton Co. (KY), Fulton Independent (KY), Hickman Co. (KY), Paducah Tilghman (KY), Union City (TN), McCracken County (KY), and Lake Co. (TN).
- Completion of the eighth grade year of school
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (based on 4.0 scale)
- Six-week commitment during the summer with AIMS
- Desire to pursue a math or science career in the future
- Meet federal guidelines for income and/or first generation college student
- One recommendation each from your school counselor, a math teacher, and a science teacher indicating high potential for post-secondary success.
- Interview in person or by phone with applicant and parents
- Release and consent forms for academic and medical information
- Application Essay
How do I register for AIMS?
Click here for student application
Your can also see your school counselor who can print it for you if needed.
The application is only part of the process. Please see the Check List for a complete list of needed information to complete your file.
What is a Bridge Student?
The bridge component is for participants who have successfully completed at least one summer program prior to entering the 12th grade. During the summer program, bridge students enroll in six hours of college level courses at Murray State University. Fees are covered by AIMS and Federal Financial Aid. At the end of the summer, the top two students may be awarded a $500 scholarship to attend Murray State University.
How can I contact the AIMS Office?
240 Blackburn Science Building
Murray, KY 42071
Toll Free: 877-424-6777
You can also view our Staff
page if you wish to contact someone specifically.