Take Your Place in the Murray State Tradition
Withdrawing From School
Waterfield Library entrance

Skip Navigation LinksDirectory > Administration > Student Affairs > Departments and programs > Retention Office > Withdrawing From School

Retention Office

2012-2013 Retention Timeline


Before you withdraw, have you utilized these FREE resources available to you?

Career Services – Feeling lost and don’t know what you want to do in college and beyond?  Career Services can help you determine your strengths, future career goals, and what might be the best major for you.  They can help you gain real-world experience and exposure through internships, workshops, career fairs, and international opportunities.
270.809.3735, career.services@murraystate.edu

100 Oakley Applied Science


University Counseling Services  – Are stress, loneliness, homesickness, depression, or relationships forcing you to consider withdrawing?  You are not alone.  University Counseling Services works with students struggling with similar issues.  They want to help you, too.  Contact them for a free and confidential appointment.
270.809.6851, msu.counselingcenter@murraystate.edu
104C Oakley Applied Science


Financial Aid – Don’t know how you are going to continue to pay for college?  Financial Aid provides a host of financial opportunities such as grants, loans, part-time employment, and scholarships.  They are committed to working with you to address any financial concerns you may have.  Tell them your story and see how they can help.
270.809.2546, msu.sfa@murraystate.edu
500 Sparks Hall


Flexible course scheduling – Uncomfortable with the traditional college schedule and don’t know how to make it fit your needs?  There are many flexible options available, such as half-semester classes, distance classes, on-line classed, and correspondence classes.  Talk honestly with your Academic Advisor about your needs and see how our flexibility can work for you.


Military Activation – Are you serving in the United States Military and have been called to duty? You may be entitled to a 100% refund of your tuition.  You will need to provide the Registrar’s Office with a signed copy of this withdrawal form AND a copy of your orders or an official letter from the 1st Sergeant/Unit Commander on unit letterhead.  Additional information can be provided by the Registrar’s Office.
113 Sparks Hall


Student Disabilities Services – Do you have a documented disability or think you might have one?  Student Disability Services provides many services, including but not limited to quiet and extended test times, audio textbooks, tutoring, academic advising, and testing for possible disabilities.
270.809.2018, vwilson@murraystate.edu
423 Wells Hall

Tutoring – Do you wish you had someone to help you understand that course just a little bit better?  There is free help available just for you. Free tutoring and advising are services offered through the MSU Community College.  You want to be successful in the classroom, and they want to help you.
270.809.2667, ljennings@murraystate.edu
101 Lowry Center

Veterans Affairs – Are you a Veteran and want information and help specific to you and your needs?  Have questions about the educational benefits due to you and/or your dependents?  The Veterans Affairs Office is your place to go.  They are experienced, knowledgeable, and eager to serve you.
270.809.3754, msu.va@murraystate.edu
110B Sparks Hall


Decorative image
Site Directory