EXAMPLES OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
• Calling a person a doll, babe, or honey.
• Making sexual innuendoes.
• Telling sexual jokes or stories.
• Making sexual comments about a person's clothing, body, or looks.
• Turning discussions to sexual topics.
• Looking a person up and down (elevator eyes) .
• Staring at someone.
• Displaying sexual and/or derogatory comments about men/women on coffee mugs, hats, clothing, etc.
• Invading a person's body space; standing closer than appropriate or necessary for the work being done.
• Making sexual gestures with hands and/or body movements.
• Massaging a person's neck, shoulders, etc.
• Touching or rubbing oneself sexually around or in the view of another person .
• Brushing up against a person.
• Hugging, kissing, patting, or stroking.
What defines Peer Harassment?
Harassment from a peer - an equal. Consists of at one end of the scale so-called “teasing,” sexual innuendoes, and bullying of a sexist nature, both physical and verbal. At the other end of the scale is explicit sexual harassment up to and including sexual aggression. Peer harassment can occur from student to student or faculty member to faculty member.