For detailed information and Q&A regarding Grievance Procedures visit:
Reporting Violence (see the Student Life Policies manual for full description, pgs. 3 and 4)
Murray State University encourages every member of the University community who believes he or she has been the victim of sexual harassment to report the allegations as soon as possible. Time limitations apply to the reporting of claims with Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access and the chance for remedial action may be lost by delay. See Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access Grievance Procedures below.
The University has formal and informal processes for resolving claims of sexual harassment. Victims of sexual harassment are encouraged to report their allegations even if they do not wish to utilize these processes.
Claims of sexual harassment should be made to the following offices:
1. Claims by employees against other employees including their supervisors; claims by students including student workers against Faculty members or other employees; and claims against individuals who are not students or employees should be made with Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access, 103 Wells Hall, telephone number 270.809.3155.
2. Claims by a student against another student should be made to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, 425 Wells Hall, 270.809.6831.
3. If the Executive Director of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access, the Vice President for Student Affairs, or the Title IX Coordinator identified below is the person against whom complaint is made, the report should be made to the President of the University
4. If the complaint is against the President or a member of the Board of Regents, the report should be made to the Chair of the Board of Regents. If the complaint is against the Chair of the Board, the complaint should be made with the Vice-Chair of the Board.
5. If there is doubt about which office the allegations should be made to, or if assistance is needed with respect to a complaint, Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access should be contacted for help.
In addition, any claim of harassment may be directed to the MSU Title IX Coordinator, who coordinates MSU’s responsibilities regarding Title IX.
Title IX Coordinator
Camisha Pierce Duffy
Title IX Coordinator
103 Wells Hall
Murray, KY 42071
After Hours Contact Public Safety 270-809-2222
In accordance with law, there will be no retaliation against an individual making
a good faith claim of sexual harassment.