News and Events | Resources | Stonewall Scholars | Safe Zone Project | Alliance | Eracer | Out Racers: Take Your Place! | i>clickers | Preferred First Name | Program Administration | Gender Neutral Restrooms
This group provides undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to explore the joys and challenges of being LGBT and straight allied students at Murray State. The group invites all to come, be accepted, learn about the community, and get involved.
Celebrate & Support a Fair KY, April 12, 2014. Pictured Left to Right: Jo Bennett (Marketing Officer 13-14), Steven Shupe (President 13-14), Dr. Leon Bodevin (Jane Etheridge Ally of the Year Award Recipient), Morgan Randall (Vice President 13-14), and Emily Oliver (Secretary 13-14). Not picture: D. Andrew Porter (Treasurer 13-14)
Pictured Left to Right: (Back) Jo Bennett, D. Andrew Porter, Lynn Castro, Jasmine Crosier, Emma Lewis, and DePaul Hendrix - (Front) Kari Koester, Jody Cofer Randall, and Clay Cox
"Murray State Alliance is yet one more example of what contributes to
the creation of a welcoming, inclusive campus at MSU. [Alliance] has
grown to become an important and visible organization for moving the
University forward and building on our national reputation." President Randy J. Dunn, Murray State University, 2006-2013
President, Morgan Randall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Jo Bennett, email@example.com
Treasurer, Robert Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Officer, Sam Green, email@example.com
Secretary, Emily Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor, Jody Cofer Randall, email@example.com
Associate Advisor, Charley Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL 2014 GENERAL MEETINGS:
All meetings listed will be in the Woods Hall Multipurpose Room located on the back wing of the building nearest the library. Meetings are open and all are welcome.
- September 3, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
- October 1, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
- October 15, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
- October 29, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
- November 12, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
- December 3, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
2014-2015 EVENTS/ACTIVITIES (Updated Periodically):
- July 26, 2014 - 9:00 a.m. - Officer Retreat - Kenlake State Resort Park (Officers and invited guests only)
- August 26, 2014 - 5:00 p.m. - Welcome Back Event - Intramural Fields (Open to all!) - Welcome Back Flier
- September 16, 2014 - 7:30 p.m. Conversation and Dessert featuring Mara Keisling's Radically Candid View on Transgender Equality - Curris Center Small Ballroom (in collaboration with LGBT Programming and others) - Flier Coming Soon!
- October 11, 2014 - 8:00 a.m. - Homecoming Parade - Downtown Murray (in collaboration with LGBT Programming)
- October 13, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - The Female "O": I love female orgasm
- Curris Center Theatre (in collaboration with the Women's Center and LGBT Programming) - more information about this program can be found on
- October 25, 2014 - 3:00 p.m. - MSU Football Game vs. Kentucky Wesleyan - Stewart Stadium President's Box - Space limited, sign-up at Sept. 3 and Oct. 1 general meetings
- November 6, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - Glamour Drag Show - Curris Center Ballroom - Flier Coming Soon!
- December 1, 2014 - RacerRed -
(in collaboration with LGBT Programming) Flier Coming Soon!
6:30 p.m. - AIDS Walk - Steps of Lovett Auditorium - Free Participation
7:00 p.m. - Red Tie Affair - Curris Center Small Ballroom - Enjoy
dinner while watching a short film entitled "Reporter Zero" followed by
brief remarks from Andrew Halford, Executive Director of Heartland
CARES, Inc. - Tickets are $10 and will be sold in October and November.
- February 4-8, 2015 - All Day - Creating Change - Denver, CO (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- February 21, 2015 - All Day - Out in Front - Nashville, TN (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- March 20-22, 2015 - All Day - Come Together Kentucky - Highland Heights, KY (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- April 2, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. - Fame Drag Show - Curris Center Ballroom
Beginning with the 2014-2015 academic year, Alliance is pleased to present a $500 scholarship during the fall and spring semesters. Funding for these scholarships was provided by Alliance, LGBT Programming, and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. Guidelines 2014-2015
- Fall Deadline - September 3, 2014
- Spring Deadline - January 21, 2015