News and Events | Resources | Stonewall Scholars | Safe Zone Project | Alliance | Eracer | Out Racers: Take Your Place! | i>clickers | Preferred First Name | Program Administration | Gender Neutral Restrooms
Murray State Alliance provides LGBT and ally students with a means for social, support, and activism opportunities through on and off campus programs and activities.
Celebrate & Support a Fair KY, April 12, 2014. Pictured Left to Right: Jo Bennett (Marketing Officer 13-14), Steven Shupe (President 13-14), Dr. Leon Bodevin (Jane Etheridge Ally of the Year Award Recipient), Morgan Randall (Vice President 13-14), and Emily Oliver (Secretary 13-14). Not picture: D. Andrew Porter (Treasurer 13-14)
Pictured Left to Right: (Back) Jo Bennett, D. Andrew Porter, Lynn Castro, Jasmine Crosier, Emma Lewis, and DePaul Hendrix - (Front) Kari Koester, Jody Cofer Randall, and Clay Cox
"Murray State Alliance is yet one more example of what contributes to
the creation of a welcoming, inclusive campus at MSU. [Alliance] has
grown to become an important and visible organization for moving the
University forward and building on our national reputation." President Randy J. Dunn, Murray State University, 2006-2013
President, Morgan Randall, email@example.com
Vice President, Jo Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer/Secretary, Robert Scott, email@example.com
Marketing Officer, Nikki Winslow, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisor, Jody Cofer Randall, email@example.com
Associate Advisor, Charley Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
SPRING 2015 GENERAL MEETINGS:
All meetings listed will be in the Woods Hall Multipurpose Room located on the back wing of the building nearest the library. Meetings are open and all are welcome.
- January 21, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- February 4, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- February 18, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- March 4, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- March 11, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- April 1, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- April 15, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
- April 29, 2015 - 7:30 p.m.
2014-2015 EVENTS/ACTIVITIES (Updated Periodically):
- July 26, 2014 - 9:00 a.m. - Officer Retreat - Kenlake State Resort Park (Officers and invited guests only)
- August 26, 2014 - 5:00 p.m. - Welcome Back Event - Intramural Fields (Open to all!) - Welcome Back Flier
- September 16, 2014 - 7:30 p.m. Conversation and Dessert featuring Mara Keisling's Radically Candid View on Transgender Equality - Curris Center Small Ballroom (in collaboration with LGBT Programming and others) - Flier Coming Soon!
- October 11, 2014 - 8:00 a.m. - Homecoming Parade - Downtown Murray (in collaboration with LGBT Programming)
- October 13, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - The Female "O": I love female orgasm
- Curris Center Theatre (in collaboration with the Women's Center and LGBT Programming) - more information about this program can be found on
- October 25, 2014 - 3:00 p.m. - MSU Football Game vs. Kentucky Wesleyan - Stewart Stadium President's Box - Space limited, sign-up at Sept. 3 and Oct. 1 general meetings
- November 6, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - Glamour Drag Show - Curris Center Ballroom
- November 12, 2014 - 6:00 p.m. - Mock-Giving Pride - Woods Hall Multipurpose Room
Pre-Thanksgiving dinner and games
- December 1, 2014 - RacerRed -
(in collaboration with LGBT Programming) Flier Coming Soon!
7:00 p.m. - AIDS Walk - Steps of Lovett Auditorium - Free Participation
7:30 p.m. - "We Were Here" Film Showing - Curris Center Theater - Free Admission
- February 4-8, 2015 - All Day - Creating Change - Denver, CO (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- February 21, 2015 - All Day - Out in Front - Nashville, TN (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- March 20-22, 2015 - All Day - Come Together Kentucky - Highland Heights, KY (in collaboration with LGBT Programming) - More Information Coming Soon!
- April 2, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. - Fame Drag Show - Curris Center Ballroom
Beginning with the 2014-2015 academic year, Alliance is pleased to present a $500 scholarship during the fall and spring semesters. Funding for these scholarships was provided by Alliance, LGBT Programming, and the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. Guidelines 2014-2015
- Fall Deadline - September 3, 2014
- Spring Deadline - January 21, 2015