You may make changes to your health benefits mid-year due to marriage, divorce, death, birth, adoption, and gain or loss of dependent coverage. Please note: You only have 30 days after the date of the qualifying event to provide the supporting documentation to Human Resources to make this change or you must wait until Open Enrollment.
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC):
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, also known as the Healthcare Reform Act, requires that all faculty and staff have access to the information at the links below that illustrate the costs to various treatments.
Enhanced Plan Summary of Benefits & Coverage 2013
Standard Plan Summary of Benefits & Coverage 2013
High Deductible Summary of Benefits & Coverage 2013
Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
Below are the few changes to Murray State's benefit plans beginning Jan. 1, 2013:
- No increase in faculty & staff premiums and no changes to the plan designs for the medical, vision, dental, or life insurance plans. Murray State will pay the entire premium increase for 2013.
- IRS regulations for maximum employee contributions allow Health Savings Accounts increase to $3,250 for single and $6,450 for family accounts
- IRS regulations require Medical Flexible Spending Accounts to decrease to $2,500 per participating employee. No change in the maximum contribution amount for Dependent Care FSAs.
- No change in the Wellness Plan, except the name changed to Racer Wellness.
Your current benefits selections:
To see all the plans in which you are currently enrolled, login to myGate, then
1. Click "Employee" tab (at top of page), then
2. Click "Benefits" link on top left, then
3. Ensure "As of date" is "Current" & click "Select" button.
Effective July 1, 2012 an employee electing membership with KTRS will contribute 6.84% if hired or has been a participate prior to July 1, 2008 in one of the Kentucky Retirement Systems' Plans. The employer's match will be 14.52%. An employee hired on or after July 1, 2008 and has not been a participant in one the Kentucky Retirement Systems' Plans, will contribute 7.16% of his/her gross salary. The employer's match is 14.84%.
Effective July 1, 2013 all employees electing membership with KTRS will contribute 7.16%. The employer's match will be 14.84%.
Effective July 1, 2014 all employees electing membership with KTRS will contribute 7.68%. The employer's match will be 15.36%.
Effective July 1, 2015 all employees electing membership with KTRS will contribute 8.185%. The employer's match will be 15.865%.
2012-2013 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
The 2012-2013 Holiday Schedule is available here. Please note that there are two pages. The first page is a list format and the second page is in calendar format. Summer hours will be determined and posted soon.
2013-2014 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
The 2013-2014 Holiday Schedule is available here. Please note that there are two pages. The first page is a list format and the second page is in calendar format. Summer hours will be determined and posted soon.
General Benefits Information
Benefits based on Employment Status
2012 Benefits Guide
2013 MSU Benefits Slide Presentation
2012 MSU Benefits Slide Presentation
Benefits Unit Mission:
To foster an environment for faculty or staff to achieve university goals by providing for personal insurance and other employee welfare-related benefits.