Service learning for students
Service Learning Scholars
For students to earn recognition as a Service Learning Scholar they need to complete twelve (12) hours of credit in Service Learning designated courses. Additionally, the student must have an overall GPA of 2.75 and a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the designated classes. This designation will be recognized on the student’s academic record (Murray State University Academic Bulletin, 2014-15, p. 64).
Which majors offer service learning classes?
- List of all approved service learning courses (not all are offered as service learning every semester)
How do I find out which courses are being offered as service learning?
- In the schedule of classes, click on the academic term you want (i.e., Fall 2016).
- Choose a subject (or multiple subject, by holding CTRL and clicking on the ones you want).
- Under Instructional Method, choose Service Learning.
- Click on Class Search at bottom of page.
Where can I complete service learning hours?
If you are looking for community service opportunities to fulfill service learning course hours, check Volunteer Murray (http://www.volunteermurray.org/)
Nonprofit agencies in the area post opportunities and events for which they need volunteers.
- Murray State's Office of Regional Outreach oversees this site.
Where can I share my service learning research?
- Consider sharing your work during Scholars' Week as part of the Engaged Poster Contest.