The TEACH Grant Program provides up to $4,000 a year in grant assistance to undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students who agree to serve for at least four years as full-time "highly qualified" teachers in high-need fields in public or not-for-profit private elementary or secondary schools that serve students from low-income families.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- GPA of at least 3.25
- ACT or SAT Equivalent of 21
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), although you do not have to demonstrate financial need
- Complete TECH Grant entrance counseling
- Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve with the Federal Department of Education
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- TEACH Grant for Murray State students will only be awarded to Junior and above students
Be accepted in the Teacher Education Program (TEP) in the following high need areas:
- Foreign Language
- Bilingual Education
- English Language Acquisition
- Special Education
- Reading Specialist
Once you have left the school, change your major, or withdraw, you must complete TEACH Grant exit counseling.