Incoming Racer Academy Student Checklist
This information can be downloaded in pdf form here.
Complete a Racer Academy/Thoroughbred Academy Admission Application.
Needing to log back in to complete your app? Click here to log back into your account and select "Complete an Application" at the bottom of your "My Account" page.
Select a course from the Course Offerings posted on the Racer Academy web page or on MSU's class schedule. All Racer Academy class sections begin with "R". Seats in some Racer Academy courses are limited.
A "Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval" form MUST accompany the Admission Application signed by the high school guidance counselor or principal.
Have your parent or guardian complete a "Parental Consent" form
Submit the application along with a $40.00 non-refundable admissions fee. Tuition payment can be made through myGate. If a parent(s) is employed by Murray State, a tuition waiver may be used to pay the course tuition.
Official Transcripts and ACT scores should be submitted along with the application. ACT Plan scores will also be accepted.
All items should be mailed to:
Murray State University
102 Curris Center
Murray, KY 42071
Admission Requirements and Additional Information:
- The student will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After the student is admitted, he/she will receive a letter from Racer Academy Admissions with their M number and myGate password. If they do not receive a letter before classes start, contact the help desk at 270-809-2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register the student in the course.
- Canvas is the delivery tool for all online courses. Once registered, log into Canvas to see the course. The course will not be available until the first day of class. If a problem occurs, call the MSU Help Desk at 270-809-2346.
- Tuition and fee expenses can be found on the Racer Academy webpage, or from your guidance counselor, or by calling Jennifer Smith at 270-809-2684. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University.
- A paper copy of your bill will NOT be sent to you. All billing statements are available to view on the student’s myGate account. Email notifications will be sent when bills are available to view.
- Information on specific deadline dates for adding, dropping, or paying for a class are on the Racer Academy webpage. If you wish to drop a class, you need to complete the "Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop" form.
- If you are a returning Racer Academy student, the $40.00 admission fee is waived.
An email from the guidance counselor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the student(s) name(s) and the course they want to take. A "Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval" form signed by the guidance counselor and a "Parental Consent Form" form signed by your parent or guardian are also required for each returning student.
The counselor can attach a list of returning students to one form.