Admission to Social Work Program
- SWK 101 - Introduction to Social Work
- SWK 201 - Social Work and Social Welfare
- SWK 225 - Human Diversity
- SWK 302 or SWK 302 - Human Behavior I or Human Behavior II
Before continuing further, the student must be formally admitted to the Social Work Program. The Student Handbook of the Murray State University Baccalaureate Social Work Program contains the full admissions policy and is available online. Briefly, the student must:
- Have completed 60 hours of coursework with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5.
- Have completed the above four courses with an average G.P.A. of 2.5
- Have no social work course grades below "C."
- Demonstrate competency in written and oral communication.
- Complete an application for admission to the program.
- Complete a successful review with the Social Work Program Admissions Committee that may involve an interview with the Committee.
- Sign a statement agreeing to abide by the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.