Speech and Hearing Clinic
It is our goal to provide the highest quality professional service to our clients while providing training for graduate students in Communication Disorders. Our clinic provides equitable treatment without regard to sex, race, creed, national origin, or handicapping conditions. Services in the clinic are provided by graduate students in Communication Disorders under the direct supervision of an audiologist (specialist in hearing and hearing problems) or a speech-language pathologist (specialist in communication problems) certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
Who could benefit from our services?
- Adults who can hear but have difficulty understanding
- Children with a history of middle ear infections
- Anyone with a known hearing loss
- Babies who don't seem to respond to sounds around them
- School-age children with normal hearing but problems listening and understanding
- Children whose speech is difficult to understand
- Children who seem to be late in talking
- Individuals whose voice sounds too high, low, breathy or hoarse
- Individuals who have difficulty speaking without repeating syllables or words
- Individuals who have difficulty communicating after a stroke or head injury
The Speech and Hearing Clinic provides the following services for Murray and the surrounding region:
- hearing evaluations
- central auditory processing evaluations
- speech and language evaluations
- intervention with adults and children with communication difficulties
Services in the clinic are provided by graduate students in communication disorders under the direct supervision of an audiologist or a speech/language pathologist certified by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
Fees are based on a sliding scale. Murray State faculty, staff, students and their dependents are not charged for diagnostic or therapy services.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment for an evaluation or for intervention, call (270) 809-2446. Regular clinic hours are between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
125 Alexander Hall
Murray, Ky 42071