The purpose of a Community Health Educator is to assist individuals and communities in promoting health and preventing disease. Community Health Educators work in a variety of settings including hospitals, non-profit organizations, government and private business, as well as medical clinics and health departments. The Community Health Education degree provides an opportunity for students who have an interest in health-related disciplines to pursue a viable career in the field.
- Community Health educators help to promote health and prevent disease by:
- studying the health needs of a targeted population;
- working with various groups to create and implement a quality health education program;
- evaluating how effective a program was in achieving its objectives through conducting surveys and analyzing statistical data; and by
- Improving an implemented health program based upon sound formative and summative evaluation measures.
- Public Health Departments (State and City/County)
- Non-Profit Agencies
- Health Centers (University and Community)
- Hospitals /Clinics
- Corporate/ Worksite
- Insurance Companies
- Web-based Health Information Companies
- Health Management Companies