For Our Students
Current Students-- Find information here to help you!
Welcome to the callboard; your online space for current info and updates
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR:
Students, if you have not signed up for classes please do so sooner rather than later. The University is a lot more strict about allowing low enrolled classes. These classes are in danger of cancellation if I do not raise enrollment by Monday, December 12.
- THD 270 Stage Combat
- THD 400 Meisner
- THD 400 Advanced Stagecraft
These classes will be cut no matter what unless something drastic happens by Monday: THD 465 Directing II, and THD 352 Costume Design.
FROM THE FRONT OFFICE:
- Don’t forget the Department Christmas party is on Sunday from 6:00 to 8:00pm on Johnson Stage. All faculty and staff and majors and minors, please sign up in the front office and bring a dish to share.
- REMINDER: TURN IN YOUR TIME CARDS.
THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK
Congratulations to the cast of Anne Frank, and thank you to all who auditioned!
- Initial the physical cast list on the callboard to accept roles
- Cast will meet at 6 PM, Thursday Nov. 30 in FA111, and will receive cuts then
- Actors are expected to be off book on Jan. 16th
- Mr. Frank - Landen Bates
- Miep - Cammi Jo
- Mrs. Van Daan - Rachel Brown
- Mr. Van Daan - Cory Storm
- Peter Van Daan - Cody Kane
- Mrs. Frank - Katie Berg
- Margot Frank - Taylor Bochantin
- Anne Frank - Macy Betz
- Mr. Kraler - Forest Calhoun
- Mr. Dussell - Wayne Hogue
SETC Travel Information
- If you want to ride in the SETC department van, you have to sign up on the main callboard. There are only 10 spaces available, and several will need to be reserved for luggage and department materials
- Daryl will be leaving for Mobile on Wednesday, March 7th, early in the morning, and returning March 10th late in the evening
- You need to book your rooms NOW (SETC hotels fill VERY quickly). Try to book at the Quality Inn to keep everybody in the same hotel.
Graduating Seniors - Cincinnati Playhouse Internship Program Audition Notice
Cincinnati Playhouse is announcing auditions for the Bruce E Coyle Acting Internship Program for the 2018-2019 Season. Local auditions will be at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Part on Dec. 3rd, 2017, and callbacks Feb. 11th. Audition requirements: 2 contrasting contemporary monologues and 16 bars of a Christmas carol to be sung A Capella, along with headshot and resume. Sign up for general auditions at the Cincinnati Playhouse HERE.
Unified Audition Information
The SETC Audition Screening Form is available for your perusal. It will show you how auditions are scored for screening auditions at locations such as TTA, KTA, and other SETC screening events. It's a good reference for how professional auditions are evaluated. Though most deadlines for this year's events have passed, you should reference it for future audition years.
Permanent Callboard Information
This section contains information that will stay on the callboard permanently as a student asset. Please look through the materials.
Message from the Department Chair
Information I wish to pass on to students will occur in one (or more) of the following official channels:
- THD 106 meetings and the THD 106 Canvas Courses
- Directly through all faculty
- By official email
- By signed (or stamped with Cindi's Initials) letter posted on the callboard, or this website
- These will be the official methods for communications; we will not use the "Grapevine" method
Full Time Faculty Contact Information
- David Balthrop, Dean, 100 Faculty Hall, 270-809-6937, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cindi Gullixson, Administrative Assistant, 106 Fine Arts, 270-809-4421, email@example.com
- Brent Menchinger, Chairman, 106 Fine Arts, 270-809-4637, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lissa Graham, Directing, 106 Fine Arts, 270-809-4635, email@example.com
- Heidi Ortega, Designer, 705 Fine Arts, 270-809-4639, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Walsh, Technical Director, 204 Fine Arts, 270-809-4661, email@example.com
- Daryl Phillipy, Acting/Voice, 706 Fine Arts, 270-809-4636, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Crider, Acting/Movement, 708 Fine Arts, 270-809-5089, email@example.com
- Benjamin Weinert-Lishner, Designer, 203 Fine Arts, 270-809-5662, firstname.lastname@example.org