If you're a major or minor in one of our languages, or if you're just a student who's interested in language, we strongly encourage you to spend time abroad. You can find month-long summer programs, as well as programs for an entire semester or year, on Murray State's study-abroad database or with the Kentucky Institute for International Studies (KIIS). Make sure to meet with a faculty member in your language to learn more about how different programs will fit with your coursework at Murray State, and schedule an appointment with Education Abroad to learn about the many resources available to help fund your trip--including special scholarships for language students.
Some Exchange Programs for Language:
- Chinese: Quingdao Agricultural University
- French: EDC Paris Business School
- German: Universität Regensburg
- Japanese: Kansai Gaidai University, Doshisha University, Reitaku University, Tenri University, Tokyo Metropolitan University, University of Toyama
- Spanish: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (Chile), Universidad de Alicante (Spain), Universitat Jaume I (Spain)
Language Faculty Abroad
In Summer 2019, two of us will lead study-abroad programs:
- Yoko Hatakeyama will direct a KIIS program in Japan, where students will visit some of the country's major cities while taking intermediate or advanced Japanese courses, and/or English-language courses on Japanese culture and religion.
- Dr. Robert (Moses) Fritz will direct a KIIS program in Portugal, where students will explore part of the Camino de Santiago while taking either an intermediate Portuguese course designed to be accessible to students of Spanish, or a course on recreational tourism.