UT Martin- Murray State University Joint Research Symposium - 2015
Schedule of Events:
8:00 - Registration & Refreshments
8:30 - Welcome/ Introductions
8:45 - The Effects of Natural Channel Design Stream Restoration Projects on In-Stream Physical Habitat Characteristics and Fish Assemblage Structure.
Tom Blanchard (UTM)* and Jeffrey Fore (Tennessee Nature Conservancy) (Department of Biological Sciences, UT Martin)
9:00 - Sodium Periodate Mediated Substitution of Aromatic Compounds.
Phillip Shelton*, Hyeontae Kim, Kyeonmgee Kim, and Will Crosby (Department of Chemistry and Physics, UT Martin)
9:15 - Smart Instrumentation Based Ultrasonic Tracking System for Improved Neuro Surgery
Dustin Patton*, Sanjeevi Chitikeshi, Mohanad Sami Maghrabi, and Bryan McCoil (Electromechanical Engineering Technology Program, Murray State University)
9:30 - Physical Activities as an Engagement Method in Agricultural Economics Classes
Michelle Santiago* (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
9:45 - Analyzing the Function of Novel Mutant Alleles of the Transcriptional Repressor TUP
Wes Clark1*, J.K. Gray1, S.M. Reinhard2, S.P. Saville2, and I.A. Cleary1 (1 Department of Biological Sciences, UT Martin 2 Department of Biology, University of Texas at San Antonio)
10:00 - The Effect of Multiple Structure Flow Interaction on Wind Loads
Robert LeMaster* and Ray Witmer (Department of Engineering and Computer Science, UT Martin)
10:15 - Break
10:30 - Measuring the Impact of Scientific Research
Candace Vance* and Pali De Silva* (University Libraries, Murray State University)
10:45 - Bisphenol - A concentrations in Western Kentucky Waters
Sanaa Aljali* (Department of Chemistry, Murray State University)
11:00 - Sedimentary Features and Paleocurrent Markers of an Exposed Sandbar on the Mississippi River, Lower Hatchie National Wildlife Refuge, West Tennessee
Brandt M. Gibson*, Stan P. Dunagan, Michael A. Gibson, Eleanor E. Gardner, and Benjamin P. Hooks (Department of Agriculture, Geosciences, and Natural Resources, UT Martin)
11:15 - Pine Rocklands: Restoration and Native Seed Germination Requirements
Lisa M. Krueger*, Melanie Cooper, Lauren Childress, Jennifer P. Possley, and Jane G. Dozier (Department of Biological Sciences, UT Martin)
11:30 - Dynamics of Soil Quality Indicators in Western Kentucky
Hannah Robbins* and Iin Handayani (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
11:45 - Poster Session
12:30 - Closing Remarks/ Adjourn
* indicates speaker
- The Role of Olfaction and Vision in the Naive Foraging Behavior of a Nocturnal Hawkmoth Under Different Illuminations. Michael Yuan and Joaquín Goyret,* (Department of Biological Sciences, UT Martin)
- Do Naive Manduca sexta Use Chromatic Signals to Evaluate Nectar Sources? Jordan Weesner*, William Kuenzinger, and Joaquín Goyret (Department of Biological Sciences, UT Martin)
- Structural Identification of Unique N-glycan Structures in Kentucky Bluegrass Using Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Drake Williams* and Kate Stumpo (Department of Chemistry and Physics, UT Martin)
- Optimization of Chromatographic Methods for Glycan Analysis.
Justin Burns* and Kate Stumpo (Department of Chemistry and Physics, UT Martin)
- Dynamics of Soil Infiltration Rates in Various Agro-ecosystems.
Landon Gibbs* and Iin Handayani (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
- How Tillage Systems Influence Soil Physical Properties in Bond County, Illinois.
Katelynn Mollett*and Iin Handayani (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
- Opinion and Knowledge Regarding Agricultural Hemp in Western Kentucky.
Taylor Morgan* and Alyx Shultz (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
- The Significance of Spatial Variation and Its Effects on Nutrient Recommendation in
Chelsea Holleman*and Iin Handayani (Hutson School of Agriculture, Murray State University)
* indicates poster presenter