Applicants must first apply for admission to the MSU Dietetic Internship Program.
Following admission to the Dietetic Internship Program, applicants must then apply for admission to the MSU Graduate School. Applicants should not apply to the MSU Graduate School until they have been admitted to the Dietetic Internship Program.
Application for Admission to the Dietetic Internship Program
- Applicants to the internship program must use the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). The online application must be completed by the deadline time and date given by DICAS. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. The DICAS application for the Spring match is generally available after December 1st and can be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must also submit a personal statement in 1,000 words or less through DICAS. . The following questions should be addressed:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What attracted you to the Murray State University dietetic internship program?
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are required. At least one recommendation should come from a Medical Nutrition Therapy professor. When completing the online application, applicants must provide the name, email address and other contact information for each reference. Submission of this information will trigger an email message requesting completion of a recommendation form. All recommendation forms will be submitted online.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all universities attended should be mailed to the address below. Photocopies or “Issued to Student” copies will not be accepted.
DICAS - Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- Grade Point Average (GPA): Applicants should have an overall undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 system), an overall graduate GPA of 3.5 or higher (if applicable), and an overall DPD GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- GRE Scores: GRE Scores: Applicants must have taken the GRE within the past three years and have a score of 145 on both the verbal and quantitative tests, and a 4 on the written essay portion. Official scores must also be sent to #1494 Murray State University. A scanned copy of the score should be attached as supplemental information to the electronic application. Applications without scanned scores may not be reviewed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Write: Dietetic Internship Program
Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Management
200N Oakley Applied Science Building
Murray State University
Murray, KY 42071
All applicants to the Murray State University Dietetic Internship (DI) program must participate in computer matching. Computer matching enables a student to be assigned to a requested internship program that has also expressed interest in the student. A private company called D & D Digital Systems conducts the matching process. Students should request instructions and a mark/sense cards from their undergraduate program or from D & D Digital Systems to participate in computer matching and to prioritize their preferences for internship locations. Your preferences must be mailed to D & D Digital Systems by February 15th. There is a fee for participation in computer matching that must be paid with your prioritized preferences for internship locations.
Requests for additional materials may be made to:
D& D Digital Systems
304 Main St., Suite 301
Ames, IA 50010
D & D will notify each student applicant about the dietetic internship program to which he or she has been “matched”. The student must notify the matched Dietetic Internship Program Director by phone, email or fax by 5:00pm on Appointment Day to confirm acceptance of the internship assignment.
Application for admission to the MSU Graduate School
Once you receive notification that you are admitted to the Dietetic Internship Program, you will then apply to the MSU Graduate School. This application should be accompanied by a $30.00 application fee payable to Murray State University. The Graduate School application and information may be obtained by contacting:
Phone: Graduate Studies 1-270-809-3779