Program Mission, Goals and Objectives
The mission of the Dietetic Internship Program at Murray State University
is to prepare entry-level dietitians to deliver quality nutrition care
in clinical, community, food-service and long-term care settings. The program seeks to meet present and future nutritional needs of both rural and urban communities in Kentucky and the region. The program at MSU assumes the responsibility for providing advanced dietetic education opportunities in Western Kentucky. The region will benefit by having competent dietetic professionals serving in various health related facilities and businesses.
- To prepare program graduates to meet employment requirements for entry-level dietitians.
- To assist in meeting employment needs for registered dietitians in Kentucky and the region by providing trained dietetics professionals.
- Eighty percent of dietetic interns completing the program will successful pass the registrations examination for dietitians at the first sitting.
- Ninety percent of all dietetic interns will satisfy all program requirements and successfully complete the program within 3 semesters.
- Seventy-percent of all dietetic interns satisfactorily completing the internship will be employed in the field of dietetics or related field within 12 months of successful completion of the program.
- When surveyed, employers of MSU intern graduates will indicate MSU interns meet 95% of job related ACEND competencies for entry-level dietitians.
- When surveyed, the mean rating for “knowledge needed for their current position” that employers give MSU intern graduates in their employ will meet or exceed a rating of “3” or “satisfactory.