Pathways to Success
Pathways to Success (P2S) is a unique program focused on providing:
- intentional and intense support,
- academic and career advising,
- developmental coursework,
- and tutoring for students admitted into the program.
Students admitted into P2S will have an extraordinary first year experience focused on the Pathway to Success!Click the arrow for more information
Pathways to Success (P2S) is a mandatory program for incoming students who have a minimum overall ACT of 18 (SAT of 870), 0-3 developmental course requirements, meets either Pre-College Curriculum in high school, OR top half of their graduating class, OR who earned a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in high school.
Students will be admitted into the Pathways to Success Program (P2S) within the Center for Academic Success (CAS). The program requires the following:
- All Academic Advising is provided by professional academic advisors in the Center for Academic Success
- Limited to 15 credit hours per semester
- Mandatory enrollment in ESS 130, College Success Strategies (3 credits), in their
ESS 130 is an in-depth, highly hands-on, experiential, study skills-focused student success course.
- Meetings with mentors/coaches
- Tutoring for developmental classes
- Enroll in University Studies courses taught through the Center for Academic Success and/or coursework focused on the major or interest.
- P2S students are classified as associate degree seeking students and will have majors of undeclared; undeclared/pre-BUS; undeclared/pre-STEM; undeclared/pre-EHS; etc.
- Students may not change their major until they have successfully completed the P2S Program.
Successful completion of the P2S Program requires
- Completion of ESS 130, College Success Strategies (Minimum grade of C)
- Completion of all required developmental coursework
- Grade of C or better in 24 credit hours of non-developmental coursework
All Academic Advising is provided by professional academic advisors in the Center for Academic Success.
Students will work together with their advisor to:
- enroll in appropriate coursework while in the P2S Program,
- explore majors and careers, and
- make a successful transition to Murray State University.
Academic Advising Resources:
ESS 130, College Success Strategies (3 credits)
This course explores strategies for academic success and personal management leading to improved academic performance. The course focuses on areas in which students need assistance, awareness, and extra support. Topics discussed include college transitions; characteristics of successful college students; strategic learning; and major and career exploration. This is a first-year experience course that is required of all students admitted into the Pathways to Success (P2S) Program.
In addition to completing ESS 130, students in P2S will complete their developmental and University Studies coursework. Additional courses focused on the student’s major selection may also be taken.
Center for Academic Success
Office: Lowry Center