Course proposal guidelines
2013-2014 Meeting Schedule
| Academic Council membership and committee listing 2013-2014 | Standing rules | Bylaws
| Course proposal guidelines
| Course syllabus outline | Experimental course information
| Academic Program Approval and Review Process |
New Degree Approval Process |
|CHANGE TO EXISTING COURSE |
Changes to existing courses are submitted on the Academic Council Course Proposal (on blue paper) and sent to the Vice Chair of the Academic Council for approval as "Information Items". The pertinent information for proposed changes should be included making sure to include old and new information.
EFFECTIVE SEMESTER: The effective date should be the semester (i.e. Fall 2013) that changes will be implemented.
|NEW COURSES |
New courses should be submitted directly to the Vice Chair of the Academic Council on the Academic Council Course Proposal (on blue paper). The proposed courses are then directed to the appropriate Academic Council standing committee for review and recommendation to the full Academic Council.
EFFECTIVE SEMESTER: The effective date should be the semester (i.e. Fall 2013) that the new course will be implemented.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
SHORT TITLE TO BE ASSIGNED: The short title of the course should be assigned by the department and should not contain more than 17 characters, including spaces.
- Every new course, whether regular or experimental, is reported to the Council on Postsecondary Education as a new course.
- A course number may not be reused for 10 years!
- Experimental courses may be offered only ONE TIME!
- After an experimental course has been offered one time, the course must then be submitted to the Academic Council as a regular course, and approved by the appropriate standing committee and the Academic Council as a whole.
- Periodically, all experimental courses will be deleted from the MSU course inventory and this deletion will be reported to the CPE.
|DELETE COURSE |
Courses to be deleted from MSU's course inventory must be approved by the Academic Council. All of the information regarding the deleted course should be included on the form.
EFFECTIVE SEMESTER: The effective date should be the semester (i.e. Fall 2013) that the course will be deleted from course inventory.