For Academic Advisors
For Academic Advisors
Summer O Information/Training (ppt) click HERE -- with information on the REVISED Summer O schedule -- Advising session is 10:45-12:30! -- and more
Summer O Scheduling Basics (ppt) click HERE -- what you need to know to help advisees get the classes they need
Registration 101 (ppt) click HERE -- how to help students to register for classes, view their schedules, use advanced search features, and more
Transfer Advising (ppt) click HERE -- Transfer students are sent to Advisors as soon as they are admitted -- how to help Transfer Students use as much prior credit as possible
Advising Checklist click HERE
Advanced Scheduling Training for Undergraduate Academic Advisors -- click HERE (updated 3/2015) (if link does not work, copy/paste into your browser window: http://my.brainshark.com/2015-Spring-Academic-Advising-for-Advanced-Scheduling-160868348).
- IF you completed Advanced Scheduling Training in Fall 2014 AND completed the diagnostic exercise with a score of 100%, you are not required to complete this refresher course. You are encouraged to do so, though!
- IF you did not complete Advanced Scheduling Training in Fall 2014 OR completed the diagnostic exercise with a score of less than 100%, you should complete this refresher course and the diagnostic exercise.
- The training takes approx. 20 minutes. It is indexed for easy future reference.
- IF you advise only graduate students, you do not need to complete this training.
How to Read a RACR -- click HERE (updated 3/2015) (if link does not work, copy/paste into your browser window: http://my.brainshark.com/How-to-Read-a-RACR-745517732).
- All undergraduate Academic Advisors use RACR (Racer Academic Completion Report) to track student progress to degree and to advise effectively.
- The training takes under 10 minutes. It is indexed for easy future reference.
- Assistance with RACR: email@example.com.
MAP-Works Basics -- click HERE (updated 3/2015) (if link does not work, copy/past into your browser window: http://my.brainshark.com/MAP-Works-Basics-748098592).
- MAP-Works is a retention tool that can provide an Academic Advisor with valuable input on student progress, success, challenges.
- Faculty and Academic Advisors use MAP-Works to submit Referrals for students with academic or other difficulties.
- MAP-Works reports include Academic Updates, midterm grades, and a wealth of other information.
- Assistance with MAP-Works: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Advising Checklist -- Undergraduate -- click HERE (updated 3/2015)
- Checklist provides information on preparing for and completing undergraduate Academic Advising.
- Assistance with Academic Advising: contact your Department Chair or Program Coordinator or Dr. Barbara Cobb, Coordinator of Academic Advising email@example.com.