Student InformationClick the arrow for more information.
The Career Services Career Closet is OPEN!!! Featuring various sizes of slightly-used
business professional clothing, Racers have the opportunity to come in and 'shop'
for suits, shirts, skirts, blouses, shoes, and other accessories. Find something you
like? You get to keep it - for no charge! One outfit per student per semester, please.
Visit Career Services in 100 Oakley during normal operating hours (8am - 4:30pm) to check out the closet.
Career Closet Donation Guidelines
Thinking about donating to the Career Closet? That’s wonderful!
What we take: Suits, dress shirts, slacks, skirts, blouses, belts, and dress shoes
What we don’t take: Casual clothing (sneakers, jeans, yoga pants, t-shirts, etc) OR formalwear (prom
dresses, tuxedos, etc)
In order to best serve our students, we have the following guidelines for donations:
- Clothing should be clean
- Donations should be free from holes/rips/tears
- Clothing shouldn’t have any stains
- Shoes should be able to take a shine
- Given that students will be wearing these clothes to interviews and events, donations
should be of
recent vintage and appropriate styling
If you have items that align to these standards, contact us at 270-809-3735 or send us an email at email@example.com for donation details!
Job Search Resources
Graduate School Resources
Career Development Resources
Career Services provides resources and services to assist Murray State Alumni with their job search. Please review the following available resources and contact us as needed:
- Career Fairs: Attend career fairs on campus.
- Career Exploration: Review these resources if you are making a career direction change.
- Career Handbook: Review this comprehensive job search guide.
- Handshake: Search for job postings and post your resume to connect with hiring employers.
- Tip Sheets: Review tips on various job search related topics.
- Web Resources: Explore additional resources.
Consider joining the Murray State Alumni Association as well.
Do you want to hire a fellow Racer?
Through Handshake you can post jobs and internships, screen public resumes, sign-up for on-campus interviews and register for career fairs. Please contact us if you are interested in providing job shadowing, networking and/or training opportunities for Murray State students as well. For more information, go to HireARacer.
- Presentation Request
- Career Services staff are happy to present to student groups. Please complete the request, and someone will get in touch with you within 48 business hours.
Murray State Career Services
Office Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Fall/Spring/Summer)
100 Oakley Applied Sciences Bldg | Murray, KY 42071
P: 270.809.3735 (call for appointments) | F: 270.809.3516 | firstname.lastname@example.org