Dos and Don'ts
Parking regulations |Accessible parking | Student Accessible parking permit application | Faculty/Staff Accessible parking permit application | Dos and don'ts | Parking maps
- DO contact the Murray State University Parking Office with parking questions at (270)
809-4812 or email us. Other sources of information may be unreliable.
- DO observe the signs in each lot. The signs will indicate what type of permit is required
there. All vehicles parking on campus must have a current permit (visitors included).
- DO update your permit information with the Parking Office, when changing vehicles or
- DO familiarize yourself with all the parking regulations. If you drive on campus, this
is your responsibility.
- DO park carefully, within a defined parking space, to avoid a citation for improper
- DO understand that parking tickets are issued 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
- DO leave permit displayed in vehicle at all times, unobstructed on rear-view mirror.
- DO contact Public Safety immediately if permit is lost, misplaced, left, or stolen to
- DON'T assume that because others have parked illegally you may do so.
- DON'T park on yellow lines, fire lanes, etc. with your hazard lights on, this will not
prevent you from receiving a citation.
- DON'T park anywhere that is not designated as a parking space. A parking space is defined
by two white lines on either side of the vehicle.
- DON'T park in a disability space without a Murray State University issued disability permit.
- DON'T trade permits with friends. If your friend is using your permit or vehicle and receives
a citation you are responsible for the citation.
- DON'T purchase or accept a permit from anyone except Murray State University Parking Office.
Parking permits purchased from private individuals are invalid and may be stolen.