Building Coordinator Program | Current Emergency Alerts | Emergency Procedures | Environmental | Fire Safety
Lab Safety | Occupational Safety & Health | Programs & Training | Public Safety & Emergency Management
Directory | Links | ESH Home
Most bomb threats are received by telephone, although some may be made via e-mail or letter. If any form of bomb threat is received, remain calm and obtain as much of the following information as possible:
- Location of bomb
- Expected time of explosion
- The bomb type
- Reason it was placed
- The name or affiliation of the caller
- Immediately call MSU Police at 911. If there is no answer, or if the line is busy, call 2222. Provide the dispatcher with all information obtained, most importantly, any specific details concerning location and/or time.
- Do not touch or move unfamiliar objects. If the threat is made by note or mail, do not handle. Wait for Police to arrive.
- The building emergency coordinator, department chair and/or MSU Police officer will determine whether evacuation is warranted. If the building is evacuated, account for all building occupants at the designated meeting area.