Threat of Harm/Criminal Activity
Building Coordinator Program | Current Emergency Alerts | Emergency Procedures | Environmental | Fire Safety
Lab Safety | Occupational Safety & Health | Programs & Training | Public Safety & Emergency Management
Directory | Links | ESH Home
Report a crime in progress or suspected criminal activity to MSU Police at 911. If there is no answer, or if the line is busy, call 2222. Relay as much information as possible, including, when, applicable:
- The nature of the crime
- The location
- Physical description of the perpetrator
- The type of weapons involved
- Vehicle description and license number
- Direction of travel when last seen
Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the culprit. Stay on the telephone with Police until the first officer arrives.
If gunshots are heard see "Gunshots Heard/Workplace Violence" section of emergency procedures.
THREAT OF HARM
In the event of immediate danger:
- Call MSU Police at 911 or 2222.
- Take immediate action to move yourself and others from harms way (in the immediate vicinity of event).
Warning Signs of Danger:
- Suicide threats or statements
- Detailed threats of violence
- Rage for minor reasons
- Destruction of property
- Conflicts with peers, family, others
Early Warning Signs of Threat of Harm:
- Feelings of isolation or rejection
- Victim of violence or bullying
- Uncontrolled anger
- Talk of suicide
- Marked changes in appearance
- Expressions of violence in writings or drawings
- Distorted or bizarre thoughts and statements
If you become concerned that an individual may pose a risk of harming him/herself or others, call MSU Police at 911 or 2222 and give information on individual.