Great Beginnings Leader
Helping Others | Sharing Experiences | Leading Peers
These words embody the true spirit of a fantastic Great Beginnings Leader (GBL). Join us this fall!
The GBLs are the first people to make a positive impression on new students and their families. GBLs primary goals are to: (1) Welcome new students, (2) Advocate for Great Beginnings events, (3) Help students navigate campus and available resources, and (4) promote the Residential College System and the Murray State University community. GBLs help first-year and transfer students make the transition into college and serve as a mentor and supporter; they serve as welcoming ambassadors to new students and their families.
APPLY TODAY! Please submit your application (linked here) by March 31, 2018 at 4:30 pm so that we can schedule interviews in April and make the selections before you leave campus for summer.
- In order to apply, you must have a 2.3 cumulative GPA (including transfer hours) and be in good academic standing. Each GBL must also have at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at the end of the spring semester of 2018
- Must have completed 24 hours by the end of the spring 2018 semester
- Must be returning to Murray State in the fall of 2018 as an undergraduate student
- Sincere desire to support Murray State's new students
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good sense of humor balanced by a sense of responsibility
- Willing to accept a challenge and to step out of comfort zone
- Strong internal motivation to succeed personally and in all Murray State/Residential College activities
- Recognition that being a GBL is a serious and rewarding summer and fall commitment
- Desire to achieve excellence
Benefits to GBLs
- Acquire and develop your leadership skills and add these and mentoring skills to your resume
- Develop professional and personal relationships
- Represent and promote your Residential College
- Share your love of Murray State University
- Free T-Shirt | Move-In Early
If you have any questions, please contact:
270.809.5344 or 2274