The official Murray State University online event calendar can be found at calendar.murraystate.edu.
The Murray State University events calendar is the centralized hub for all University sanctioned events.
All submitted events must be affiliated with a Murray State University entity, including, but not limited to student organizations, residential colleges, academic colleges, departments of student affairs, and university athletic teams.
The department of Branding, Marketing and Communication (BMC) will be responsible for approving or declining all events within 24 hours of submission, during the workweek. Events submitted over the weekend or during university closures may not be approved within 24 hours.
The BMC staff recommends submitting events at least 3 weeks in advance. Events submitted to the calendar will be reviewed by the BMC staff and will have priority for other publicity including inclusion on official social media channels, Racer Nation Information, MSU Blue & Gold.
Events may be declined for the following reasons:
- Not associated with an @murraystate.edu email address
- Has no relevant association with a Murray State University entity.
- Not a public event
If your submitted event has been declined, you may request further information from the BMC staff.Click the arrow for more information
Submit an event
Go to https://calendar.murraystate.edu and click Submit an event.
- Enter your contact information.
- An event description
- The date & time, including a start and end time
- Select whether you want users to RSVP for the event
- Choose appropriate event categories
- Enter the location information. Always search for a location first.
- Include contact information for the event.
- If you have a special request, please include that information in the “message for administrator” section.
Featured events will be determined by the Branding, Marketing, and Communication office and must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Must impact the entire campus community, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Must promote three or more of our brand attributes and/or strategic initiatives. Including, but not limited to:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Student success
- Scholarship, Research and Creative Activities
- Community Engagement
- When Registration is set to RSVP for an event users will have the option of completing a form to "register" for the event. After completing the RSVP form their contact information will be stored for review/editing within the Helios Calendar admin console (accessible by admins).
- Additionally an email RSVP, containing their submitted contact information, can be emailed to the Event Contact and a full roster of RSVPs, in CSV format, can be downloaded from within the user's public calendar account (when the user is signed in while submitting the event).
- Send Roster to Contact - When enabled the Event Contact will receive an email each time a new user RSVPs for an event from the public calendar, however, they will not receive an email for registrants added, edited or deleted by an administrator. There is a button in the admin console that will send an up-to-date list, in CSV format, of all RSVPs to the Event Contact.