Borrowing / Circulation Policies
Items that can be borrowed (Valid MSU ID card required):
- Circulation Collection
- Books & maps available on Waterfield Library's Lower Level
- Items are checked out at the Circulation Desk on the Main Level
- Media Collection
- Video tapes, audio tapes, CD's, CD-ROM's, DVD's, etc. available in the Media Room on Waterfield Library's Main Level
- Media items are checked out at the Circulation Desk
- Media items are checked out for 21 days to all users
- Course Reserve materials
- Items on reserve (hard copy) by instructors available at the Circulation Desk
- Items may be checked out for a limited time
- Laptop Computers, for use in the library only
- eReader Policies
eBook Reader User Agreement Form
- eBook Readers will be housed behind the Circulation Desk. Currently, they will be used for eBook reading and testing; eReserves will not be provided on eBook Readers.
- MSU students, staff, and faculty may check-out eBook Readers. They will not be available for the general public, complimentary users, or special programs. Only one eReader may be checked out at a time.
- eBook Readers are available for checkout and return between 7am – 4pm, Monday-Friday.
- eBook Readers will be checked for damage at check-in BEFORE discharging. ALL patrons will be held accountable for replacing (at cost + processing fee) lost/damaged/unreturned eBook Readers and accessories.
- eBook Readers MUST be returned to a member of the Circulation staff between 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday. eBook Readers should not be returned through a book drop. Any damages resulting from return through a book drop will result in repair/replacement costs.
- The loan period for Kindles, nooks, and Sony’s will be 2 weeks, with no renewals.
- The loan period for iPads will be 7 days, with no renewals. Reservations for eBook Readers are allowed; recall notices are not. Overdue fines will not be charged for late returns; however, if the eBook Reader or accessories are not returned or are returned damaged, the borrower will be billed replacement and processing fees for the device/accessories, and will lose borrowing privileges until fees are paid in full. Additionally, MSU students will have a hold placed on their myGate account restricting registration and transcript requests.
- The patron at checkout will receive a bundle including the eBook Readers and associated charging cables, protective cases, a user agreement, instructional materials or user manuals, and any other appropriate materials.
- All eBook Readers will be de-authorized from the MSU Libraries’ accounts at check-out. Any content added by the patron will be removed from the eBook Readers by Circulation staff when the eBook Readers is returned.
- iPods will be housed behind the Circulation Desk. Currently, they will be used for class-associated listening assignments only.
- Faculty are encouraged to place their listening assignments on reserve with the Circulation Desk as early in the semester as possible; late additions to listening assignments may take several days to be synced into all iPods.
- Content on the iPods must be added from a physical CD; online streaming audio options are available through the Naxos, American Song, and Jazz database playlist options. Faculty are required to leave a physical copy of the listening assignment on reserve with the Circulation Desk, in the event all iPods are checked out or new assignments are given.
- MSU students, staff, and faculty may check-out iPods. They will not be available for the general public, complimentary users, or special programs.
- iPods will be available for checkout at any time Waterfield Library is open.
- The loan period will be 3 days, with no renewals. Holds are allowed; recall notices are not. Overdue fines will not be charged, but LOST status can be applied and holds put on the patrons’ accounts for unreturned devices.
- At checkout the patron will receive a bundle including the iPod and associated charging cables, protective cases, a user agreement, instructional materials or user manuals, and any other appropriate materials. Patrons will be able to purchase earbuds from the Circulation Desk for use with the iPods.
- All iPods will be de-authorized from the MSU Libraries’ accounts at check-out. Any content added by the patron will be removed from the iPod by Circulation staff when the iPod is returned.
- iPods will be checked for damage at check-in BEFORE discharging. ALL patrons will be held accountable for replacing (at cost + processing fee) lost/damaged/unreturned iPods.
- A designated location for returning iPods will be identified by the start of the Fall 2010 semester.
Undergraduate: up to 50 books for 28 days
Graduate: up to 50 books for 60 days
Faculty/Staff: up to 100 books for 120 days
Media items circulate for 21 days.
A valid University ID must be presented, along with the items, at the Circulation Desk located in the main floor lobby of Waterfield Library.
Items that may not be borrowed
- Periodicals from either Waterfield or Pogue libraries
- Waterfield Library -- Reference Collection
- Pogue Library -- Special Collections
- Pogue Library -- Overby Law Library Collection