Charles Yorke, Ph.D., Texas State University-San Marcos
Department of Geosciences, Murray State University
Murray, KY 42071-3311
Phone: (270)809-3110 Fax: (270)809-3276
GSC 110 - World Geography
GSC 622 – Digital Cartography
· Community Social, Geophysical, and Evacuation Vulnerability Assessment using GIS and Remote Sensing.
· Environmental Analysis Using GIS, Remotes Sensing, Statistics, and other Computer Models.
· Remote sensing and GIS Applications in Urban Environments and Agricultural Land Uses.
· Yorke, C. and F. M. Margai (2008). Monitoring Land Use Change in the Densu River Basin, Ghana using GIS and Remote Sensing Methods. African Geographical Review, Volume 26; pp. 87-110.
Articles Under Review:
· Zou, B., F. B. Zhan, C. Yorke, Y. Zeng, X. J. Liu (2009). Evaluation of Kriging and EWPM for Exposure Risk Assessment of Air Pollution Using Results from AERMOD as Benchmark. Environmental Monitoring & Assessment (under review)
· A Three Components Model For Vulnerability Analysis. Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, 2009.
Member of Association of American Geographers since 2006