MARC is located on the fourth floor of Blackburn on the campus of Murray State University. The facility includes a classroom, conference room, map and image libraries, and administrative, faculty, staff, and student offices.
Major hardware items
(1) Dell PowerEdge 6600 server
(2) Dell PowerEdge 4600 servers
(2) Sun E450 servers
(1) SunFire V250
(1) SunBlade 2000 workstation
(2) SunBlade 1500 workstations
(8) Dell Precision workstations for research use
(1) HP 800PS 42" Plotter
(1) Calcomp 36" Color Scanner
(1) Trimble Pro-XR GPS receiver and accompanying Pathfinder software allow real-time positioning and sub-meter accuracy.
(2) Trimble GeoXT GPS receivers
Major software applications include the latest versions of:
Lieca Geosystems ERDAS Imagine
Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Microsoft Office XP
Extensive collections of aerial photography, Landsat MSS, TM and ETM+, MODIS, AVIRIS, RDACS, TIMS, IKONOS, Quickbird, DOQQs, DRGs, DLGs, and DEMs are also available.