Getting Admitted | Transferring Classes | Transfer Agreements | Paying for College | Academic Programs | Housing Options | Campus Life | Student Support | Plan a Visit | Directions | Contact Us | Request Information
Degree credits earned at other regionally accredited (as recognized by Murray State) American institutions of higher education may be transferred to Murray State and applied toward a degree. The Transfer Credit Practices report published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers will be the reference used for determining an institution’s accreditation status.
Determination of upper-level and lower-level credit is based on the course level at the sending institution. All work is converted to semester hours and a 4.00 grading scale. Murray State’s probation and repeat policies are applied as required. Transferred incomplete grades do not carry hours attempted (i.e. they do not affect the student’s grade point average.)
There is no limit to the number of hours that may be transferred from a regionally accredited institution. However, it is important to remember that a certain number of hours must be completed at Murray State, and that courses taken at a two-year institution cannot be used to meet Murray State’s requirement for upper-level (junior or senior) courses. At least 20 of the last 32 semester hours required for graduation must be earned in residence at Murray State.
See how courses transfer
Are you planning on transferring to Murray State University and want to make sure the courses you’re taking will transfer? U.select will allow you to view how frequently transferred courses transfer to Murray State. Once you have created your personal account, you can create a transfer guide with equivalencies that will show you the classes you need to take at your current college in order to have a seamless transfer into a desired degree program at MSU.
Note: If you have taken a course that is not listed on u.select, this does not necessarily mean it will not transfer.
If you are a continuing MSU student and are unable to find the information you need on u.select, please submit this Transfer Request Information Form to the Transfer Center.
Instructions to view how courses will transfer on u.select
Step 1. Create your u.select account.
Go to https://www.transfer.org/ and select Create Account.
Step 2. View course equivalencies.
• Once you are logged in, click on Equivalencies by School.
• Then select the state (Kentucky) and school that you will be transferring to (MSU).
• Enter the search criteria to select a school(s) from which your courses will come.
• Click Go.
• Check the Add box for the school you want to view equivalencies for.
• Click Add Schools.
• Repeat until you are finished adding schools. Once finished, click Create Guide.
• Select the course prefix you are interested in from either MSU or one of the schools you have added.
• You should now see a list of source courses on the left, along with the equivalent MSU courses on the right.
Step 3. See how courses fit into your degree program.
• Once you are logged in, click on My Courses.
• Click Add a Course.
• Select a school you have attended.
• Click Select from Course Catalog if available, or Click Add Course Manually.
• Select the year and semester you attended.
• Select the courses from the available list, or enter the course as shown.
• Click Add Course.
Step 4. Run a planning guide.
• Once you are logged in and on the home page, select Create a Plan.
• Select Kentucky and Murray State University.
• Select a degree program.
• Select Request a Plan with Equivalencies.
• Select the school and year you would like to reference.
• Answer any questions that appear and click Continue and Submit.
• You may want to click on the Refresh button to update the plan status. Once it has changed from Pending to Complete, you can click on your program name to view the plan. The courses listed in green text show the equivalencies at the school you listed that you will be transferring from into MSU.