Take Your Place in the Murray State Tradition
Transferring classes
Pogue Library seen from main MSU south gate

Skip Navigation LinksAdmissions > Transfer Center > Transferring classes

Transferring classes

Getting Admitted | Transferring ClassesTransfer Agreements | Paying for College | Academic Programs | Housing Options | Campus Life | Student Support | Plan a Visit | Directions | Contact Us

Degree credits earned at other regionally accredited (as recognized by Murray State) American institutions of higher education may be transferred to Murray State and applied toward a degree.  The Transfer Credit Practices report published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers will be the reference used for determining an institution’s accreditation status.

Determination of upper-level and lower-level credit is based on the course level at the sending institution.  All work is converted to semester hours and a 4.00 grading scale.  Murray State’s probation and repeat policies are applied as required.  Transferred incomplete grades do not carry hours attempted (i.e. they do not affect the student’s grade point average.)

There is no limit to the number of hours that may be transferred from a regionally accredited institution.  However, it is important to remember that a certain number of hours must be completed at Murray State, and that courses taken at a two-year institution cannot be used to meet Murray State’s requirement for upper-level (junior or senior) courses.  

See how courses transfer 

Are you planning on transferring to Murray State University and want to make sure the courses you’re taking will transfer?  Click here to view how frequently transferred courses transfer to Murray State.   This tool will allow you to view equivalencies for courses you’ve already taken at your current/previous institution as well as show you the classes you need to take at your current college in order to have a seamless transfer into a desired degree program at MSU.

Note: If you have taken a course that is not listed, this does not necessarily mean it will not transfer.

If you are a continuing MSU student and are unable to find the information you need one, please submit this Transfer Request Information Form to the Transfer Center.


Decorative image
Site Directory