- Each applicant must have received or be receiving a high school diploma or a GED certificate before the term for which they are applying.
- Applicants must submit an application for admission with a $40 application fee.
- Applicants must self report test scores and high school GPA during the application process.
- Applicants must submit official test scores prior to Summer Orientation.
- Applicants must submit official high school transcripts after graduation.
Tuition cost calculator
Use our simple calculator to estimate the cost of your tuition.
- Students are admitted to Murray State University when demonstrating a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher with an ACT composite score of 18 or higher (SAT 960 or higher).
- Students not meeting these benchmarks may have other admission options at Murray State University as referenced in the Academic Bulletin.
- Apply for admission
- Complete FAFSA
Apply for financial aid. FAFSA code: 0019778
- Apply for scholarships
Once you've been admitted to Murray State, you can start applying for scholarships.
Apply beginning September 1.
- Apply for housing
Submit your housing application early for priority consideration.
Kentucky pre-college curriculum
- English I, II, III and IV (or AP English)
- Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry
- 1 life science, 1 physical science and 1 earth/space science (one of these must have a lab)
- 3 of the following: US History, economics, government, world geography or world civilization
- ½ unit of health
- ½ unit of physical education
- 1 unit of history and appreciation of visual/performing arts
- 5 electives
- For students who graduated from high school in 2004 or later, two units of one foreign language.
Note: Kentucky residents under the age of 21 must complete the state-mandated pre-college curriculum. All other applicants must complete a comparable college-preparatory curriculum.
Note: The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires each freshman to enroll in a subject-specific developmental course if the student's ACT score is below 18 in English, 19 in mathematics, or 20 in reading. SAT scores: verbal 470, math 460 or below. Additional developmental courses may be required by Murray State before a student will be permitted to advance to entry-level courses.
The mission of the Office of Undergraduate Admission is to admit eligible students to the University without regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, or geographic location. The staff provides superior customer service while mentoring students and parents through the admission process. We also work closely with high school counselors to successfully guide students through the admission process.