Teacher Quality Institute
Promoting Excellence in Teaching
The mission of the Teacher Quality Institute is to support the development and enhancement of pedagogy and content knowledge of teachers in Murray State University’s service region through recruiting potential teachers, providing professional development opportunities, and structuring high quality preservice experiences.
The professional staff of TQI work to achieve the mission by:
- implementing Professional Development School Model
- offering professional development through the annual College and Career Readiness Summit
- facilitating a dual-credit teacher education program for regional high school students through Racer Academy
- hosting annual Educators Rising conference for high schools
- providing scholarships for teachers and students
- seeking and obtaining grants
- coordinating the alternative certification program
- supervising clinical practice work in secondary schools
- coordinating Student Success Center
- providing both group and individual Praxis tutoring for the students of COEHS
The Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) is a significant Murray State University regional outreach program that is funded by the Council on Postsecondary Education.