"To say what you want to say, you must create another language and nourish it for years with what you have loved, with what you have lost, with what you will never find again." – George Seferis
- Wallace Stegner Postgraduate Fellow, Poetry, Stanford University
- M.F.A., Poetry, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- B.A., English, College of the Holy Cross
- Easter Vigil, 1996.
- Voices from the Peace Corps: Fifty Years of Kentucky Volunteers, by Angene and Jack Wilson. University of Kentucky Press, 2011.
- Poetry Southeast, 2007.
- Poetry Southeast, 2006.
- Snakebird: Thirty Years of Anhinga Poets, 2004.
- Interview on Talking with… Poets, 2001.
- Manoa, 1995.
- ENG 214 Introduction to Creative Writing
- ENG 330 Special Topics in English Studies (Study Abroad)
- ENG 342 Introduction to Poetry Writing
- ENG 343 Special Topics in Creative Writing
- ENG 416 Writers Workshop: Poetry
- ENG 520 Forms of Poetry
- ENG 561 Advanced Creative Writing: Poetry
- ENG 614 Special Topics in English Studies (Study Abroad)
- ENG 662 Poetry Tutorial
- ENG 664 New Madrid Field Study
- ENG 666 Poetry Residency
- HUM 211 The Western Tradition
Areas of Specialization
- Creative Writing: Poetry
- Literary Editing
- Literary Translation
- Modern and Contemporary Poetry
Awards and Distinctions
- 20 Years of Service Recognition, Murray State University, 2012
- Board of Regents Award for Teaching Excellence, 2007
- Discover China Grant, 2004
- Al Smith Fellowship, Kentucky Arts Council, 1999
- Kentucky Foundation for Women Grant, 1999
- RPCV Writers & Readers' Best Poetry Book Award, 1998
- Anhinga Prize for Poetry, 1995
- Jones Lectureship, Stanford University, 1989-1982
- Wallace Stegner Fellowship, Stanford University, 1988
- Fellowship, Yaddo Artists' Colony, 1987
Leadership and Service
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) Peace Corps Writers