"Every student knows more about something than I do, so I try to learn from them. In doing so, I hope I model lifelong learning and instill in them pride and a desire to learn as well."
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee
- M.A., University of Tennessee
- B.A., Western Kentucky University
- The Allyn & Bacon Guide to Writing Portfolios. New York, NY: Pearson Longman Publishing, 2000.
- "10 Steps for Making Grading Easier, Students Happier, and Your Ego Smaller." Top Ten Strategies for Teachers of Writing. Vincent Miholic, ed. Education Resources Information Center Document ED490721, 2004.
- "WANTED: A Collegial, Effective Teacher Who Publishes…" A Delicate Balance: Teaching, Scholarship, and Service in the 21st Century English Department. Dr. Joe Hardin and Ray Wallace, eds. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen Press, 2004.
- ENG 104
- ENG 105 Critical Reading, Writing and Inquiry
- ENG 228 Standard English Usage
- ENG 311 American Literature to 1865
- ENG 331 Traditional Rhetoric and the Written Argument
- ENG 404 Advanced Composition
- ENG 681 Special Topics in Rhetoric and Composition
- HUM 211 Topics in Literature and Philosophy
- HUM 212 Humanities in the Modern World: Diversity
Areas of Specialization
- 19th-Century British Literature Composition
- Early American Literature Rhetoric
Awards and Distinctions
- 15 Years of Service Recognition, Murray State University, 2012
- CISR Presidential Research Fellow
- Murray State Customer Service Award
- One of three "Fabulous Faculty" by Murray State Student Support Services
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Sigma Alpha Lambda, Advisor