Rather than pursuing one area or major, Liberal Arts students complete two 18-hour fields and a 21-hour minor. One field may be interdisciplinary.
The major is also a perfect complement to the Murray State Honors Program curriculum.
University Studies or Honors Sequence — 44-48 hours
Two Fields — 18 hours each/36 hours
Minor — 21 hours
Study abroad, National Student Exchange, and/or internship are incorporated into each student's program.
Advantages for Liberal Arts majors include opportunities for:
- multidisciplinary study
- study abroad, internships, self-designed program and senior project
- development of critical thinking, writing, and speaking skills, across disciplines
- career and professional flexibility.
- broad-based academic background
Multidisciplinary Liberal Arts graduates work as
- City Manager
- English Teacher Abroad
- Forensic Scientist (Pathologist Assistant)
- Graphic Designer
- Library Media Specialist (Librarian)
- Public Health Administrator
- Science Writer
- Study Abroad Coordinator
- University Residence Coordinator
- and many more