Dietetic Internship Concentration of M.S. in Nutrition
The Dietetic Internship and Master of Science in Nutrition Program is four semester in duration and provides 33 credit hours of graduate credit upon completion of the program. Students accepted to the Dietetic Internship Concentration will earn 21 graduate-credit hours while completing supervised practice training and an additional 12 hours of coursework. This prepares completers of the Dietetic Internship to effectively compete in a growing job market in which entry-level dietitians are now earning master’s degrees. By 2024, a master’s degree will be the minimum education requirement to be eligible to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
- Applicants must meet the Murray State University Graduate Admissions requirements.
- Students must be accepted to the Murray State Dietetic Internship Program accredited with the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- NTN 610 Dietetics Professional Practice
- NTN 620 Nutrition for the Aging Adult
- NTN 640 Dietetics Clinical Training Primer
- NTN 641 Nutrition Therapy I
- NTN 642 Management Practice in Dietetics
- NTN 643 Community Nutrition
- NTN 651 Medical Nutrition Therapy II
- NTN 653 Advanced Clinical Practice
- NTN 621 Performance Nutrition
- NTN 622 Trends in the Food Supply
- NTN 635 Pharmacology for Allied Health Professionals
- NTN 645 Pathophysiology for Nutrition-Related Diseases