WINTER TERM INSTRUCTIONS for 2017-18
December 11, 2017 - January 3, 2018
WINTER TERM IS ONLY WEB INSTRUCTION.
WINTER TERM GUIDELINES
- There are no restrictions on who can teach a Winter Term course. If the course is overload, it will count towards faculty member's 20% maximum of allowed extra compensation for the fiscal year. The department will determine if the course is inload or overload.
- All online instructors (faculty and adjuncts) will be paid according to the payment chart below. The department may choose to supplement pay out of their own funds; however, justification as to why the instructor needs extra payment may be needed. Center for Adult and Regional Education (RAO) will process all online payments. (Contact Lisa Schmidt at 809-2159 for more information.) Enrollments to determine pay will be taken on December 12, 2017. Payments will not be adjusted after that date even if students are added to the course.
- The deadline to cancel a course due to low enrollment is December 1, 2017. It is the department and instructor’s decision to cancel a course. There is no required minimum enrollment for online courses. A RAO Schedule Correction Form must be originated by the department to cancel the course and the instructor must inform the students that the course will not be offered.
- Instructors should receive one payment the end of January. (Everything will be done to ensure a January payment, but this cannot be guaranteed.)
- Instructors should post their syllabus on Canvas or communicate instructions with your students no later than December 1st. Students need to be able to order any textbooks and other required materials early. They also need to be aware of their required workload during the course.
ONLINE INSTRUCTOR PAYMENT INFORMATION
Winter Term Calendar
October 30 - November 10 Winter Term Registration Open for All Classifications
For registration assistance after 11/10/17, contact the Registration Office,
(270) 809-2394 or email@example.com.
November 10 Payment Due / Advanced Scheduling Ends
November 14 Schedules Purged for Non-Payment
December 11 Winter Term Begins
December 12 Enrollments Taken to Determine Payments for Instructors
December 18 University Closes for Holiday Break
December 31 Last Day to Withdraw
January 2 University Opens at 8:00 a.m.
January 3 Winter Term Ends
January 4 Winter Term Grades Due by 10 a.m.
Blackout dates (no assignments are given): December 24th, 25th, 31st and January 1st