Murray, KY 42071
Oakhurst - The President's House
In 1917, Dr. and Mrs. Rainey T. Wells began construction on a home they named 'Edgewood.' Completed in 1918, the Wells family lived at the residence until June 1936 when the Board of Regents purchased the home with the intent of housing the President of the institution. At this time, the home was remodeled and renamed 'Oakhurst' by the Board. Dr. James Richmond, the University's third president, was the first to live in 'Oakhurst' from 1936 until 1945. The house was later remodeled in 1968 and again in 1970.
There are no events available for this venue. Click here to submit events.