What resources, ideas, and tips do you need to be an effective academic advisor?
The Academic Advising Series will allow academic advisors and support staff the opportunity to engage with presenters on important, pertinent and best practice academic advising topics. Participants will get strategies to develop and refine their academic advising skills, compile an academic advising resource toolkit, review relevant resources, and consider the needs of today's students to have more productive advising sessions.
When: 6 different sessions: Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 12:30 - 1:20 pm
- Tuesday, September 14 - Starfish Basics and Cool Features
- Wednesday, September 22 - Using the Racer Academic Completion Report or RACR Degree Audit or Really Awesome and Cool Resource
- Tuesday, October 12 - Academic Bulletin: What's new, what's changed, and how to navigate the online version
- Wednesday, October 20 - A New University Studies Program in FA22? Tell me more!
- Tuesday, November 9 - Advising Today's Transfer Student
- Wednesday, November 17 - Advising Today's Racers: Working with our First-Generation Students
- Bonus Item! Each session will include an advising best practice tip or idea to help advisors in their critically important role of supporting students.
Facilitator: Peggy Whaley, Director, Student Engagement and Success
Where: Online: Via Zoom: https://murraystate.zoom.us/my/msufacdev
Wednesday, 17 November, 2021
Contact:MSU Faculty Development Center
Website: Click to Visit