The Faculty Development Center (FDC) will host the annual Blitz Week on Jan. 8–11, 2018. This year, Blitz Week will feature one-hour workshops, a lightning session, a panel regarding being a productive researcher and informational sessions about new Murray State initiatives.
Help us Plan
Please take a look at the Blitz Week Sessions at a Glance and the Schedule below and register for the sessions you plan to attend.
The FDC also invites proposals to facilitate FDC sessions during spring 2018, including the Blitz Week lightning sessions.
Blitz Week Sessions at a Glance
- New Initiatives at Murray State // Dr. Mark Arant, Murray State provost
- Publish and Flourish! Insights for Being a Productive Researcher // Murray State faculty and guest speaker, Dr. Kim Voss, associate professor of journalism at University of Central Florida
- The Rise of Competency-based Education and What it Means for Your Classroom // Dr. Teresa Clark, assistant professor of P-20 and community leadership; Dr. Landon Clark, assistant professor of human development and leadership
- Lightning Session: Best Practices for Teaching and Learning // Murray State faculty from different disciplines
- Grit, Growth Mindset and Metacognition: Strategies to Promote Student Success // Dr. Cindy Clemson, assistant professor in the department of adolescent, career and special education
- Service Learning Through the Disciplines: Ideas and Resources for Implementing Service Learning Projects // Shawna Thomas, coordinator of Service Learning; Dr. Jennifer Morrison, assistant professor of public administration
- Teaching Unplugged: Non-tech Approaches to Engage Students // Dr. Melony Shemberger, assistant professor of journalism and mass communications
- Getting Started with Visual Literacy: Using Images to Maximize Teaching and Learning // Dana Statton, assistant professor, University Libraries
- Quality Matters: An Introduction to the QM Online Course Review Process to Improve Your Online Course // Dr. Firm Faith Watson, director of the Faculty Development Center; Lisa Schmidt, coordinator of Distance Learning and Special Academic Projects
- Google Apps: Strategies for Use in the Classroom and Beyond // Dr. Melony Shemberger and Dr. Leigh Wright, assistant professor of journalism and mass communications
- Canvas Study Hall: Drop-in Opportunity for Canvas Help and Strategies // Dr. Peter Terry, assistant director of Academic Applications; Denise Traughber, coordinator for Academic Applications Solutions; Dr. Firm Faith Watson
Monday, 08 January, 2018
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Dr. Firm Faith Watson