Christian Faculty Network
Christian Faculty Network at Murray State University is an interdenominational faculty organization, Catholic and Protestant, that works closley with the Murray State United Campus Ministers Association and other religious student organizations. We also sponosr numerous faculty led events and Bible studies to promote Christianity on Murray State's campus.
|"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us" (Hebrews 12:1).|
The Purpose of the Christian Faculty Network at Murray State is to enrich the ideological diversity of the university community with the Christian world-view. Members of CFN, faculty and administrators, seek to:
- Model excellence in their teaching, research, and service.
- Promote thoughtful dialogue concerning the meaning and purpose of life.
- Show the compatibility of faith, science and scholarship.
- Provide a unified interdenominational, Catholic and Protestant, Christian testimony.
- For more information about one of the many faculty led Bible studies we support on campus, click here.
Personal Stories: To find out more about God's relevance in your life, we encourage you to read :
- Josh's Story - Josh McDowell's story, author of More than a Carpenter.
- Dr. Francis Collins' story - Dr. Francis Collins' story, leader of the human genome project.
- Dr. James M. Tour's story - Dr. James Tour's story, world-renowned scientist.
- Better than the Super Bowl (Video) - NFL players talk about faith.
Faith, Science & Scholarship - On our links page are various resources, including articles by and about scientists and scholars, e.g. Dr. Hugh Ross's 'Reasons to Believe' website, Dr. Walter Bradley's article on scientific evidence for God's existence, and Dr. Fritz Schaefer's article on 'Scientists and their Gods' - Links.
The Jesus Story - The Creator-God of the universe, Jesus Christ, left His home in heaven to become a human being. He lived a perfect life, performed miracles, was betrayed, and wrongfully condemned to death. After being crucified, Jesus' body was placed in a tomb. Three days later, he rose from the dead. After His resurrection, He remained on earth speaking to people for 40 days and then ascended to heaven. Jesus sacrificed Himself to make a way for all people to have an abundant life now and eternal life in heaven. Do you want to start a personal relationship with Jesus? That's a decision of faith. Check out the 'way of salvation' at GotQuestions.org or 'how to know God personally' at Everystudent.com.
Leadership Team: Kevin Revell, David Ferguson, Nancy Armstrong, Joetta Kelly, Robin Esau, Jake Hildebrandt, Todd Broker.
If you want to know more about CFN, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org