Service learning for students
Service Learning Scholars
For students to earn recognition as a Service Learning Scholar they need to complete twelve (12) hours of credit in Service Learning designated courses. Additionally, the student must have an overall GPA of 2.75 and a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the designated classes. This designation will be recognized on the student’s academic record (Murray State University Academic Bulletin, 2014-15, p. 64).
Which majors offer service learning classes?
- List of all approved service learning courses (not all are offered as service learning every semester)
How do I find out which courses are being offered as service learning?
- In the schedule of classes, click on the academic term you want (i.e., Fall 2018).
- Choose a subject (or multiple subject, by holding CTRL and clicking on the ones you want).
- Under Instructional Method, choose Service Learning.
- Click on Class Search at bottom of page.
Where can I complete service learning hours?
Attend Nonprofit Connections in the Fall and Spring semester to meet with area nonprofit agencies.
Nonprofit agencies in the area post opportunities and events for which they need volunteers.
Contact the Service Learning Office to be connected with area nonprofit agencies.
Where can I share my service learning research?
- Consider sharing your work during Scholars' Week as part of the Engaged Poster Contest.