Resource for Programs Seeking Accreditation
Murray State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Murray State University. Normal inquiries such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Murray State University.
Degree granting authority
Murray State University is officially recognized as a state university in the Commonwealth of Kentucky’s Revised Statutes (KRS) 164.290. By the authority vested in the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) by the Commonwealth of Kentucky (KRS 164.295), Murray State University has the authority to grant the following degrees within the Commonwealth:
- Associate: Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.)
- Baccalaureate: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Arts in Business (B.A.B.), Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), Bachelor of Integrated Studies (B.I.S.), Bachelor of Music (B.M.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (B.S.A.), Bachelor of Science in Business (B.S.B.), Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.), and Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.)
- Master’s: Master of Arts (M.A.), Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.), Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.), Master of Music Education (M.M.E.), Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.), Master of Science (M.S.), Master of Science in Athletic Training (M.S.A.T.), and Master of Science in Information Systems (M.S.I.S.)
- Specialist: Specialist in Education (Ed.S.)
- Doctorate: Doctor of Arts (D.A.), Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
- Certificate: Murray State University offers undergraduate and graduate certificate programs. Please visit www.murraystate.edu or see the academic bulletin for all certificate programs available.
- See Preface of current academic bulletin for a list of professional accreditations.
- See Academic Degrees and Programs for a list all degrees offered.