Travel Support Grants
Submissions for 2018-2019 travel grants will open soon.
ORCA has a modest amount of funds available to assist undergraduate students presenting research or scholarly activity at professional conferences and gatherings.
- Grants proposals must be submitted at least three weeks prior to travel
- Grant proposals must be submitted on the Digital Commons page
Please note: Upon approval, the applicant must meet with a representative from the ORCA office to complete appropriate university-related travel forms and review appropriate spending procedures for travel funds.
- A maximum of 50% of allowable expenses not to exceed $200 is made available for travel support per request.
- In addition to the travel support stipulation above, a maximum of $100 is made available to support the printing/lamination of presentation posters. These funds are only available to support presentation posters for professional gatherings and may not be awarded for on-campus presentation opportunities.
- A student may only submit one ORCA Travel Grant request per academic year.
- ORCA Travel Grant funds may only be used to support travel to present, perform, or exhibit research or scholarly activity. These funds may not be used simply to attend a professional conference or gathering.
- All other support for proposed travel should be included in the request.
- A copy of documentation that confirms acceptance of the presentation, performance, or exhibition (letter/email of acceptance) must be included with this proposal.